Introducing the X8 Integrated Amplifier, Small on Size, Big Rich Sound
Enjoying your music has just become easier than ever. Our hybrid valve amplifier adds depth and warmth and makes your music come alive. The X8 is an compact integrated amplifier packed with features. From it's stunningly good looks to it's unrivalled sound, the X8 deserves more than a second glance. Three years in the making, this 100 Watt hybrid valve amplifier is a show piece. The impecable enlcosure is milled from a solid 1 inch thick billet of aluminium and a clear top displays impecably designed electronics and glowing valves. You only need to add speakers or headphone to enjoy your records, CD's or music from your PC or phone. It's built in high resolution DAC makes streaming hi-def files from your computer a breeze. Built in Bluetooth makes this a truely versitile amplifier.
"Our design brief was simple: Build an amplifier packed with features with a warm rich valve sound and a beautifully crafted enclosure "
All inputs including the DAC, Bluetooth, Vinyl and analog pass though the valves. The result is a beautiful full, rich sound. Don't be foolled by the size of the valves- they work just as well as full sized tubes. These have a rich history in Space Flight and Rocketry. Made by American defense contractor Raytheon in the 1970's, these exact valves were used in the guidance computer of theTomahawk missiles due to their ability to withstand nuclear EMP. The Raytheon 6418 valves were also by Nasa for the Apollo's guidance computers. These valves are 'NOS' or 'New Old Stock' and we have the world's largest stockpile. Our inventory has "Defense Dept" and "Made in 1984" printed on the labels.
The award winning Burr Brown series Op amp provides the power needed to drive headphones.
Following the current resurgence of vinyl we've added a phono stage with passive RIAA equalization. Having had so much success with our heaphone stage we've used the same chipset. Never before have there been so many features packed into table top amplifier.
No integrated amplifier would be complete without a way of playing Hi Res music. Plug in your USB cable and play PCM and DSD128 music files straight from your PC or Mac.
Steam straight from your smartphone. Carefully designed to eliminate digital noise associated with Bluetooth Signals.
Two RCA connectors provide the ability to connect to active monitor speakers or a subwoofer. The line out first passes through the Raytheon valve stage and the level is also linked to the main volume control knob.
- Power 50W per channel @4 Ohms, 30Watts per channel @8 Ohms
- Sort circuit and open circuit protection. Themal overload protection.
- THD @ 25 Watts 0.1%
- SNR 102 dB
- 90% efficiency
Recommened speaker load 4- 8 Ohms
- Two independant headphone amplifiers each with their own volume control
- Based upon the award winning Burr Brown series OPA2134
- Power output 700mW into 8 Ohm load, 100mW into 300 Ohm load
- Ultra low distortion 0.00008%
- Output impedance 0.26 Ohms
- Drives headphones 4-600 Ohms
- Low noise 8nV/Hz(square root)
- Slew rate 20V/us
- True FET input
- Cartridge type: moving magnet
- RIAA passive equalization
- Catridge loading 100pF. 47k Ohms
- Recommended drive voltage from cartridge 3-12mV
- Saviaudio SA9227 Master DAC, Phillips PCM5102 slave DAC.
- PCM 32bit/ 384kHz
- Jitter-less output
- Bluetooth Class 2.0
- Receiver sensitivity better than -82dBm
- Power supply to BT isolated from the rest of the amplifier by DC/DC converter for extra low noise operation
Send us a message: